I have finally found the time (and the will) to go back to reading… and I’ve made it! I have finished reading the book I had bought during my stay in England, back in September/October!
“What book?”, you may ask.
Oh, you’re right. The book’s name is: “A new Earth” (probably you had already guessed, reading this post’s title…)
“A new Earth” is a book by Eckhart Tolle about ego and consciousness and the birth of… well, a new Earth.
I don’t want to tell you too much because, I am pretty sure, by the end of the post you will be so intrigued that you will want to buy/borrow the book to know more. And more. And more.
So here they are, the 10 best quotes from the book – according to me.
(It has been hard to only choose 10):
- “We need to understand here that Heaven is not a location but refers to the inner realm of consciousness. This is the esoteric meaning of the word, and this is also its meaning in the teachings of Jesus. Earth, on the other hand, is the outer manifestation of form, which is always a reflection of the inner”.
- “What keeps the so-called consumer society going is the fact that trying to find yourself through things doesn’t work: the ego satisfaction is short-lived and so you keep looking for more, keep buying, keep consuming.”
- “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.”
- “‘Love and do what you will‘, said St. Augustine. Words cannot get much closer to the truth than that.”
- “And then there is the universal role of adult. When you play that role, you take yourself and life very seriously. Spontaneity, lightheartedness, and joy are not part of that role.”
- “Doing is never enough if you neglect Being.”
- “When another recognizes you, that recognition draws the dimension of Being more fully into this world through both of you. That is the love that redeems the world. […] Love makes the world less wordly, less dense, more transparent to the divine dimension, the light of consciousness itself.”
- “Give up defining yourself – to yourself or to others. You won’t die. You will come to life.Aand don’t be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it’s their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don’t be their primarily as a function or a role, but as a field of conscious Presence.”
- “Unhappiness or negativity is a disease on our planet. What pollution is on the outer level is negativity on the inner. It is everywhere, not just in places where people don’t have enough, but even more so where they have more than enough.”
- “Something is true when it resonates with and expresses your innermost Being, when it is in alignment with your inner purpose.”
Eleonora, your #earthandsoulwanderer